Beer Brewing Made Easy

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Easy Cheesy Scrambled Eggs


My mother and grandmother used to make scrambled eggs on Sunday mornings for breakfast, but they always used to add milk into the scrambled egg mixture.  I never really liked that much, and I asked them why they did it.  My grandmother told me that during the Great Depression , people did things to make their food stretch further and this is one of the things that they did.  I guess this also explained why my grandmother always had 52 bars of soap in the bathroom closet.  She told me that during the depression, soap was hard to get, so whenever she found it on sale, she bought as much of it as she could afford.  I'm guessing some of those bars of soap in her bathroom closet were still there from 1929.

Easy Cheesy Scrambled Eggs 

Photo by Ramon FVelasquez (Onions and scrambled eggs)

Crack 3 eggs and put into a bowl
Mix eggs well with a fork, whisk, or egg beater
In a 9" non-stick frying pan (I recommend Circulon Contempo Cookware) melt about 1 tbsp. of butter.
Have 2 slices of white American cheese ready, each slice cut in half.  (You can use orange American cheese or Swiss cheese if you prefer)
Add eggs to frying pan and cook over medium heat until eggs are no longer liquid.
Turn heat off and slice finished eggs into quarters with a spatula.
Add one slice of cheese to each quarter and allow to melt.
Remove cheesy scrambled eggs with spatula, put on plates and serve.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Onions can be added to this recipe also either sauteed or raw, depending on your personal preference.
This is a basic recipe for two people, if you modify it, you may need a larger frying pan 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged and appreciated. All comments are moderated.