Beer Brewing Made Easy

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Rhubarb Custard Pie

That's right, I said if you can make it with eggs, we'll try to find a place for it here (ie that means it just has to contain eggs, it doesn't mean that eggs have to be the main ingredient).  Therefore, there will be some variety here. I found this recipe in a notebook that my mother kept, and I do not know where the recipe originated.  I assume it was passed down to her from my grandmother, but I do not know where it originated from prior to that
.
Photo by Dieter Weber

Rhubarb Custard Pie

1 cup rhubarb chunks
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp oleo
3 tbsp fluor
2 egg yolks beaten
2 egg whites beaten stiff

Put rhubarb in pie shell
Combine egg yolks, sugar, oleo, flour, and milk.
Fold in egg whites.
Pour over rhubarb and bake 400 degrees F for about 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged and appreciated. All comments are moderated.